We are seeking a social services supervisor to provide supervision of case managers in the SE Social Services Program of Bread for the City. The position also involves providing some limited case work to Bread for the City clients.
Specific duties include:
- Provide regular supervision to a staff of 3 to 4 case managers, an intake coordinator and interns working in the Social Services Program at the SE Center. This includes weekly individual meetings to provide training, support and guidance to the team.
- Collaborate with the Social Services Director in SE to complete assessments for new case management clients.
- Assume leadership and direct oversight for specific projects within the Social Services Program.
- Provide case management and some individual counseling services to an average of 10 to 15 cases.
- Assist with social service walk-in and on-call hours. This involves providing brief advice and referral to resources for clients who arrive on a walk-in basis.
- Together with the Program Director, provide in-service training and support to staff on a monthly basis on issues relating to individual cases, case management and social work skills and techniques, and problem-solving approaches to working with clients.
- Represent Bread for the City and the Social Services Program in contacts with other community-based organizations, and identify and foster relationships to benefit mutual clients across agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Masters Degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or human development, from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 2 years experience in the areas of supervision, mental health, substance abuse and poverty. Knowledge of public benefits a plus.
- Must be licensed or license-eligible (LGSW, LICSW or LPC)
- Previous experience providing leadership and/or supervision to employees in a social services setting
- Commitment to providing services in an atmosphere of dignity and respect
- Ability to work with mentally ill and/or low-income people in an inner city community setting
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Keen knowledge of resources and services available to residents of the District of Columbia a plus
- Knowledge of government programs to low-income individuals and families helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Spanish speaking ability helpful, but not required
Send resume, cover letter and writing sample to:
Lynda L. Brown, MA
SE Center Director
Director of Social Services
Fax (202) 574-1536