We've got two positions opening up in Bread for the City's Northwest Medical Clinic. Spread the word!
SEEKING: Medical Clinic Enrollment Coordinator
The Medical Enrollment Coordinator's primary responsibility is the screening and assessment of all medical patients for healthcare program eligibility.
Reports to: Enrollment Supervisor
- Screen all medical patients for healthcare program eligibility
- Perform general intake for patients
- Complete and follow up on applications for healthcare programs
- Work with the enrollment supervisor and medical clinic director in problem solving and planning for the future
- Assist with other administrative medical tasks as assigned
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people including patients suffering from a variety of physical and/or mental illnesses and volunteer doctors, nurses and other health care professionals
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
- Good listening skills, patience, perseverance, flexibility and a commitment to working for and with low income people
- Spanish fluency.
- Sense of humor, flexibility, optimism, and a cooperative spirit in a fast-paced and familial environment
SEEKING: Medical Assistant
- Work in lab as phlebotomist
- Order supplies for lab, exam room, medications, patient assistant medications
- Keep exam rooms and supply room stocked and organized
- Maintain the quality control logs in the lab to comply with OSHA standards and overseen by the medical director
- Maintain medical equipment through annual check and as needed for broken equipment
- Copy medical records to be sent to outside sources
- Maintain immunization inventory
- Perform needle exchange and track data
- Commitment to working with low-income residents of DC
- Completion of a training program for medical assistants or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to work well with a wide variety of people
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detailFlexibility, optimism, and a cooperative spirit in a fast-paced and familial environment
- Efficient, hard working, and punctual
Reports to: Medical Director
Bread for the City is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibility, physical or mental disability, medical condition, status as a veteran, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Please send résumé to Dr. Randi Abramson via e-mail to Medicalclinic[AT]breadforthecity[DOT]org.